CAREERS AT KINDRED
View our current vacancies below
We're so pleased that you're interested in joining our brilliant team here at Kindred. We're a bustling, growing business, based right in the heart of Hammersmith.
View our open roles below.
Kindred is looking for bar and wait staff to support our bustling hospitality offering — including our ground-floor restaurant and top two members-only floors.
At Kindred, you won't just be on the restaurant floor. Expect to be involved with the execution of high profile corporate events, live music gigs, and members-only workshops. As a new business and small team, there is plenty of room for growth between Front Of House departments, to events, membership management and marketing.
Who are we?
Kindred is a members’ club focused on community and human connection. We’re based in Hammersmith, in Bradmore House — a Grade II listed Georgian mansion. We operate over three floors plus an outdoor courtyard, and have a restaurant on our ground floor.
- Working under the Hospitality team, as a waiting staff you will be required to welcoming guests and members
- Running your own section, (taking orders using our portable till system and deliver food and drinks to tables)
- Successful candidates will need to have flexibility regarding their work commitments, as we work long days and weeks, including late nights, and often open on bank holidays
Skills & qualities we’re looking for:
- A friendly and welcoming personality to ensure brilliant first impression for guests visiting Kindred
- Team player — work effectively with your colleagues to promote the goals of the business.
- Excellent communication skills and good attitude to learn new skills
- Previous experience in a hospitality setting
- £11.05/hour (London living wage) plus service charge, negotiable depending on experience.
- Free hot staff meal per day when working.
- 50% off food and drinks on the menu at Kindred for staff and up to 3 guests.
Regular training opportunities, and career development and progression
To apply for this role, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location: Kindred, Hammersmith
Hours: 40 hours per week across office hours and some evening events
Location: Onsite at Kindred
Start Date: asap
Stage one: In-person interview for successful candidates
Stage two: A short creative task to be submitted online
We’re looking for a creative, proactive and highly organised social media and marketing whizz who is as passionate about bringing West London together as we are. Whether you’re a recent graduate, or someone with demonstrable experience of content creation; most importantly we want somebody that’s excited about making their mark on an independent and innovative hospitality-first business.
Creating reels at a live music event one day, sending newsletters to our database the next; you will be helping us put Kindred on the map as a best-in-class destination for food, drink, events and coworking.
Who We Are
Spread across three floors of a 17th Century mansion, Kindred is an open house for West London. The top two floors are reserved for coworking, our cultural programme, and private events, with the ground floor being home to Cellar, our café, restaurant and bar.
Kindred was co-founded by former social worker and a former CODE Hospitality 30 under 30 winner, Anna Anderson – a social entrepreneur passionate about creating spaces that bring people together.
We’re a tight-knit team of around 40, made up of chefs, front of house staff, community hosts and event managers. We also work with a host of brilliant consultants, well-connected within the worlds of food & drink, events and social business.
Kindred is already known across West London as a destination for live events. We’ve hosted afterparties for newly crowned Mercury Prize Winners, album launches for TikTok-famous artists, and given a stage to exciting up-and-comers through our Kindred Rising event series. We also host food & drink events (such as our recurring panel series, Seat at the Table) and happenings to help shape a better tomorrow (notably, ID8 West London).
What You’ll Be Working On
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Creating continuous, high-quality photo and video content for Kindred and Cellar at Kindred’s social media channels. This will include attending events, as well as working with our operations team to coordinate content shoots
- Planning and executing the social media content in line with the brand and events calendar
- Scheduling all social media content on Meta Business Suite
- Staying up to date with new trends and platforms
- Engaging with Kindred and Cellar at Kindred’s online communities and responding to reviews; ensuring all messaging is brand aligned
- Supporting with ad-hoc designs such as event menus, event invitations and in-house signage (experience using InDesign is preferable)
- Supporting the event marketing function, including adding event listings to the website, and ticketing platforms
- Create, send and schedule newsletters using our CRM, Airship
- Compiling monthly reports on digital channels, including the CRM (Airship) and social media
- Excellent communication with internal and external stakeholders to ensure timelines are met
- Maintaining a well-organised archive of design assets, including event media, content photoshoots
- Supporting in the coordination of print work for timely delivery including monthly print assets such as our Billfold and What’s On poster
- Supporting with research for new ideas for the cultural programme
Who We’re Looking For
We're looking for someone who is creative, proactive and highly organised. This role is particularly suited to a recent graduate, or someone with demonstrable passion for a career within social media and/or marketing. You'll need to be a positive problem-solver who is able to work to tight deadlines, eager to learn and open to new ideas.
Ideally, you’ll have a minimum of 1 years’ relevant experience and excellence in the following areas:
- Proficient experience using editing software including the Adobe Suite (InDesign, Photoshop and Premiere Pro)
- Able to turn high-quality content around quickly and efficiently, working reactively where required
Nice-to-have: An ideal candidate will also have:
- A knowledge of West London and the communities we look to serve.
- An interest in food and drink, you’re the go-to person in your group of friends when it comes to recommendations of the best places to eat out
- Knowledgeable and passionate about live events, specifically music and performance
- Experience using WordPress, Design my Night and Airship
What We Offer You
- Holiday allowance: 28 days annual leave allowance including public holidays
- 50% off food and drink in Kindred and Cellar for you plus 3 friends
- Free tickets for you plus one to most events
- Use of the coworking space pre 5pm (if not working)
- Regular team offsites
- One free meal on shift
- One optional unpaid 'M-Day' off per month for needs relating to menstruation or menopause
- Opportunities to progress in a dynamic environment and make lasting connections with a host of brilliant and well-connected people
Please send your CV to email@example.com.