CAREERS AT KINDRED
View our current vacancies below
We're so pleased that you're interested in joining our brilliant team here at Kindred. We're a bustling, growing business, based right in the heart of Hammersmith.
View our open roles below.
Salary: Starting at £45,000, dependant on experience
We’re looking for an experienced and commercially astute Head of Events to help us put Kindred on the map as a best-in-class events venue. You’ll be responsible for the leadership of the Private Hire Team, and as we move into a new era of Kindred in February 2023; you will play a key role in developing and driving business through our doors.
Who We Are
Spread across three floors of a 17th Century mansion, from February 1st 2023, Kindred will be a live events and performance venue, with co-working spaces in Hammersmith, West London. The events spaces occupy the top two floors of the Grade II listed Bradmore House, with the ground floor being home to Cellar, our public-facing cafe, counter and bar with menus from Executive Chef Andrew Clarke, Basket Press Wines and drinks consultant Julian de Feral.
The Club was co-founded by former social worker and one of this year’s CODE Hospitality’s 30 under 30 winners, Anna Anderson – a social entrepreneur passionate about creating spaces that bring people together through shared experiences, notably food and drink, music, and ideas that help shape a better tomorrow. And that ethos runs through everything we do. We’re a tight-knit team of around 40, made up of chefs, front of house staff, community hosts and event programmers. We also work with a host of brilliant consultants, well-connected within the worlds of food & drink, events and social business.
Here’s what you will do:
Lead and manage the Private Events Team; managing workload & resource distribution, through to training, development plans and reviews.
Sales & New Business (inc. targets)
In collaboration with the Senior Leadership Team, set and implement a quarterly events strategy with defined targets (revenue and occupancy).
In collaboration with the Membership and Community Director, set and define a new business strategy which aligns with the community growth and occupancy strategies, maximising on any opportunities for increasing brand awareness and elevation.
Work cross-departments to ensure that any opportunities for cross-selling are maximised.
Maintain excellent and up-to-date product knowledge of all Kindred propositions (Membership, Cellar and Events Programme).
Stay abreast of event trends, spotting opportunities for new revenue streams and event propositions or add-ons.
Be an ambassador of Kindred at all industry events, showcases, and networking opportunities, consistently driving new business within targeted industries and accounts.
Lead on the conversion of high revenue sales such as exclusive hires and VIP bookings.
Develop and implement strategic and tactical promotions and initiatives to maximise revenue in need periods, working closely with the General Manager and relevant teams to drive sales.
Use Collins (Design My Night) booking system to take new enquiries, track and manage bookings, from initial enquiry to completion. Ensure that function sheets and weekly rundowns are completed in accordance with deadlines set by the Operations Director and Head Chef.
Lead on the weekly event operations meeting, send the agenda ahead of time and ensuring that all follow-up actions are completed.
Build and maintain a private hire feedback loop and process, ensuring all feedback is recorded and any actions points are resolved in a timely fashion in collaboration with relevant departments, paying special attention to any negative feedback.
Oversee systems, processes and efficiencies for the Private Hire Team throughout the entire sales cycle.
Ensure the Kindred client journey is at the centre of what we do, from site inspections to enquiries, contracting to follow ups, and work closely with the operations team to enable us to deliver the best possible guest experience on the day. Responsible for ensuring all clients receive a 5-star experience regardless of their budget, or style and size of their event, from the first enquiry to the final farewell.
Manage the complete events sales process from initial enquiry to final invoice, ensuring all initial enquiries are responded to within 24hrs (or next working day) and ensuring non-urgent communications are responded to within 48hrs. .
Finance and Reporting
Responsible for drawing up all estimates, quotes and invoices for any event sales.
Ensure all invoices are paid on time, following up with clients where necessary.
Documenting revenue and expenses using current event platforms, and reporting on finance reconciliations for the wider team and accountants.
Prepare, implement, and compile data for the strategic sales plan, monthly reports, annual goals, sales budget, forecasts and other reports as directed/required.
Represent department to key stakeholders in weekly commercial meetings reporting on revenue forecast, key wins, and opportunities.
Ensure all client materials including proposals, contracts, menus, promotions, brochures, and web pages are up to date and on-brand. Working with the marketing team, ensure that the customer journey (in regards automations and other key touchpoints) is regularly reviewed and remains relevant.
Maintain up-to-date competitor analysis and continually bench-mark the Club against the competitors' market (including site-visits), adapting the business mix accordingly to maximise all opportunities.
Who We’re Looking For
We’re looking for someone with at least 5 years’ experience in the industry, including having led a team. You’re passionate about live events and specialise in larger, or high-value events.
You enjoy working with and already understand the inner workings of multiple departments, from operations to pro-active sales, and from revenue to brand.
You’re confident under pressure and enjoy problem solving in a fast-paced environment.
You lead by example on attention to detail and organisational skills and can manage your time when it’s in high demand.
You’re a natural motivator, looking to empower your team to make decisions and take responsibility for their workload and professional development.
Experience using Collins/Design My Night would be an advantage, but not essential.
Experience using Microsoft Office Suite would be an advantage, but not essential.
You’re looking for a challenge, and a place where you can really make your mark.
You get stuck in with everything you’d expect your team to and be ready to react to any curve balls that come your way; from client proposals to admin tasks, we’re an ‘all-hands-on-deck’ company when required.
What We Can Offer You
Holiday allowance: 28 days annual leave allowance including public holidays
50% off food and drink in Kindred and Cellar for you plus 3 friends
Free tickets for you plus one to most events
Use of the Club pre 6pm (if not working)
Regular team offsites
One free meal per day
One optional unpaid 'M-Day' off per month for needs relating to menstruation or menopause
Access to free counselling and mental health support through Spill
Opportunities to progress in a dynamic environment and make lasting connections with a host of brilliant and well-connected people
About the job
Hours: Full-time up to 40 per week across 5 shifts (subject to business demand).
Start date: Immediate
Salary: £12.05 per hour plus service charge.
Reporting to: Front of House Manager
Works with: Membership and Community (C&M) team and Food and Beverage (F&B) team.
Kindred is a members Club in Hammersmith, west London. The Club occupies the top two floors of the Grade two-listed Bradmore House mansion, with the ground floor being home to our public-facing restaurant Cellar, with menus created by guest-chef Andrew Clarke.
The Club was founded by a former social worker and one of this year’s CODE Hospitality’s 30 under 30 winners, Anna Anderson; a social entrepreneur passionate about creating spaces that bring people together through shared experiences, notably food and drink, music, and ideas that help shape a better tomorrow.
You’ll be making sure our members and guests feel welcome and at home by creating a welcoming, fun, and friendly environment.
Community Assistants are central to the success of our membership community, and smooth running of our daily operations. As one of the key faces of Kindred, and the first and last impression of the Club, you will be integral in creating a fantastic member experience by building deep relationships and understanding their needs. As part of our front of house team, you’ll be based on our main desk in the Club, providing technical and operational support when needed.
You’ll be passionate about people, have a genuine interest in getting to know our members, and you’re obsessed with organisation.
You’ll also be supporting the daytime private hire operations, and managing our restaurant booking system, Resy. Above all, you understand the true meaning of hospitality, delivering the best customer service experience to everyone you meet.
Community and Membership:
- Welcoming members, guests, and external visitors to the Club and logging all visits to the Club using our CRM system.
- Monitoring reception@ email account.
- Respond to all enquiries via email/phone/in person (from members and external parties).
- Ensure have prior knowledge of all planned site visits, communicating guest and tour arrival to the relevant team members. Creating temporary digital membership access cards for guests and visitors.
- Supporting the management of our ‘Kindred For a Day’ experience for prospective members.
- Supporting with the onboarding administration for new members.
- In collaboration with the community and membership team, responsible for updating the members database (CRM).
- Supporting in the maintenance of our members portal.
- Attend the weekly community and membership meeting on rotation.
- Have full understanding of Kindred Club, community guidelines and terms and conditions, ensuring members comply.
- Deputising for the community host at our campfire events when required and attending these events wherever possible.
- Supporting in member introductions, quick to spot opportunities to connect members and facilitating where appropriate.
- Contributing to the ideation and evolution of our signature ‘Campfire’ events.
- Ensure members feel heard, seen and looked after if they approach you with an operational issue.
- Recognise opportunities to upsell membership, offer tours where appropriate, collating data and ensuring follow-up action is taken.
- Drive member event sign-ups and attendance through individual recommendations.
- Be knowledgeable about all Club products, upselling where required.
- Managing all internal and daytime external meeting room bookings and DDRs.
- Responsible for creating invoices within Square for all daytime external meeting room bookings and DDRs. - liaising with finance department when needed.
Cellar (public-facing restaurant):
- Monitor Cellar@ email account and bookings in collaboration with the Cellar team.
- Be knowledgeable about all Cellar products and upsell where required.
- Collating all department feedback, produce a weekly feedback report.
- Manage/redirect all deliveries.
- Responsible for the opening and closing of Front Desk.
- Managing our event booking platforms, updating team daily re. bookings.
- Maintaining stock levels of stationary and other relevant assets. Replenishment of stock ordering (in collaboration with the budget holder).
- Ensuring general tidiness of reception and communal areas, ensuring they are always treated as FOH spaces.
- Have oversight of the contracted works calendar – alerting C&M team ahead of time of any disruptions to the member experience.
- Have oversight of the daytime private hire calendar – alerting C&M team ahead of time of any disruptions to the member experience (potential stretch re. members spaces etc.).
- Support in the hourly ‘walk-round’ to ensure the meeting rooms and communal spaces are set up according to our staging guide.
- Support our members with use of the studio equipment including uploading SD card data to our system and troubleshooting equipment when issues arise
- Carry out regular, basic studio maintenance to keep our studios looking fresh and clean, every day
- Escalate recurring maintenance problems and ensure the building is always at its best
- Support onboarding sessions for new members and ensuring security and health and safety information is clearly stated and understood by new members.
- Reactive operational management (IT, FM, AV contractors etc).
- Checking all meeting rooms are fit for purpose in collaboration with the FOH manager.
- Cover team members’ lunch breaks.
- Support the F&B management team when required (clearing rooms etc.)
- To attend regular training and actively contribute to the development of best practice at Kindred.
- To adhere to our Strategic Priorities including Kindred's Equality, Diversity & Inclusion, Environment & Sustainability, and to play an active and positive role in our anti-racism work and in furthering our accessibility.
- To provide a welcome and ensure a positive and inclusive experience for members and guests.
- To publicly represent Kindred in a prepared and professional manner.
- To undertake any other duties which may be reasonably requested to ensure the smooth running of Kindred Club.
Experience and requirements:
- 1+ years’ experience in a reception, hosting or similar FOH role. However, attitude is more important to us than experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Excellent interpersonal skills: you are friendly with everyone, but able to remain professional
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to multitask projects from start to finish.
Holiday allowance: 28 days annual leave allowance including public holidays.
Core working hours: 8:00am - 2:00am
Shifts: A maximum of 12 closes per calendar month. Shifts will be a mix of opening, mid, and closing.
- 50% off food and drink in Kindred and Cellar for you plus 3 friends
- Free tickets for you plus one to most events
- Use of the Club pre 6pm if not working
- One free meal on shift
Kindred is looking for bar and wait staff to support our bustling hospitality offering — including our ground-floor restaurant and top two members-only floors.
At Kindred, you won't just be on the restaurant floor. Expect to be involved with the execution of high profile corporate events, live music gigs, and members-only workshops. As a new business and small team, there is plenty of room for growth between Front Of House departments, to events, membership management and marketing.
Who are we?
Kindred is a members’ club focused on community and human connection. We’re based in Hammersmith, in Bradmore House — a Grade II listed Georgian mansion. We operate over three floors plus an outdoor courtyard, and have a restaurant on our ground floor.
- Working under the Hospitality team, as a waiting staff you will be required to welcoming guests and members
- Running your own section, (taking orders using our portable till system and deliver food and drinks to tables)
- Successful candidates will need to have flexibility regarding their work commitments, as we work long days and weeks, including late nights, and often open on bank holidays
Skills & qualities we’re looking for:
- A friendly and welcoming personality to ensure brilliant first impression for guests visiting Kindred
- Team player — work effectively with your colleagues to promote the goals of the business.
- Excellent communication skills and good attitude to learn new skills
- Previous experience in a hospitality setting
- £11.05/hour (London living wage) plus service charge, negotiable depending on experience.
- Free hot staff meal per day when working.
- 50% off food and drinks on the menu at Kindred for staff and up to 3 guests.
Regular training opportunities, and career development and progression