Introducing the online dating event that West London deserves
Brand Consultant and Kindred’s own PR & Partnerships guru, Eleanor, knows a thing or two about communication and relationships. This lockdown, she’s hosting a very special event for those who don’t define themselves with the label ‘single’ and are looking to connect on a deeper level with like-minded folk
Here at Kindred we’re known for putting on events that meet the needs of our members. We host a Monday Morning Coffee Club that kicks off the week with support and accountability for our chosen co-working family, a Writer’s club for aspiring novelists and keen wordsmiths, and workshops that aim to inform and inspire.
But there’s one group of people that we think might need an extra bit of love this lockdown: our single pringles.
Over the past few months I’ve been thinking about how we can create something here at Kindred that allows people to connect with one another in a meaningful way, and without the cringe factor of being Another Singles’ Night.
The truth is, these nights often fail because of a sense of romantic expectation and the awkward ways in which we’re promoted to interact. Not to mention how inebriated the person opposite you in the speed dating hot seat happens to be.
I’m haunted by the memory of one particular event in East London where, after feeling an intense rush of eagerness, the evening was awkward and I left feeling a sense of despair at not having found The One in an evening of 60 second pow-wows. I had to go home and have a good scrub.
So I can assure you, we’re here to do things a little differently. The only expectation is that guests show up as their most authentic selves, ready to put themselves out there and hopefully make a few new friends, with the potential to spark something more.
We’re inviting people who are open to connecting with others who share our Kindred values: our members use the words ‘genuine’, ‘creative’,’heart-led’, and ‘optimistic’. The evening is for people who enjoy discussing Big Ideas just as much as they appreciate small moments of joy, and we know that there are plenty of you out there.
Here’s how it works:
- The first online event in this series offers six spaces to West Londoners aged between 28 and 35. Three men, three women. Kindred is an inclusive place so we will also be using this format for different age ranges and sexual orientations in the near future. Stay tuned for more
- I’ll be hosting the event, and after a brief introduction, we’ll delve into some of Kindred’s Burning Questions. You can’t use an algorithm to form genuine human connection, so we’ll use this time to explore what lights you up, makes you tick, and soothes your soul. And there are no wrong answers
- We’re keeping numbers limited so that conversation can flourish and we’ll get to know one another in an informal and welcoming online space. If you’ve attended one of Kindred’s Cocktails & Connect events, you’ll know what to expect. (They used to start around 5 and end just before the last tube home, but this event will be 60 minutes)
- Apply here to register and leave a little bit of information on who you are and what you’re looking for in life, in love, in lockdown…
- We’ll send you an email with the invitation and Zoom details to join
- Pour a glass, set the scene, and get ready to meet five new local Londoners looking to expand their social circle…
This is for you if opportunities to meet people ‘out out’ are not an option right now, apps only get you so far when you can’t leave the house, and the idea of signing up for a Married at First Sight is becoming a more appealing prospect as the weeks wear on. While I can’t promise you the Jules to your Cam, I can promise a sociable evening with some cool people you haven’t met before, and who knows, perhaps a new flame with whom you can share a drink or three in one of our cosy corners…
Share this article