Masterclass in Narrative: How To Create Meaning
May 12 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Are you working on a writing project and want to learn the secret to writing a more captivating story? Perhaps you’re writing a blog post, starting a book or creating your website copy.
Well, this narrative masterclass is for you. You’ll not only learn the secrets to storytelling but you’ll come away with a proven structure to apply to your own writing, too.
What will I learn?
This masterclass is hosted by Alex Yalen, a fellow co-working member from Los Angeles, who has extensive writing and editing experience handling non-fiction, fiction and screenplays. Alex’s debut novel, a Los Angeles-set spy mystery is currently in the running for a sought-after Hollywood “launchpad” award for first-time novelists.
You will discover:
– The theory and art of storytelling;
– Real-world case studies illustrating how the narrative plays out across multiple formats, including corporate communications, social medial, traditional advertising and art;
– Practical tips and a proven structure to apply to your own writing to make your content more rich and powerful;
– How to make your writing stand out on a sentence-to-sentence basis;
– How narrative is more than words–how to think visually and orally, not just verbally;
– The opportunity to ask Alex all of your burning writing questions!
More about Alex Yalen:
Alex has dedicated his life to the art of writing and storytelling. He has worked for two newspaper publications and written multiple feature film and TV pilot scripts. He attended the Master’s in Fine Arts screenwriting program at the University of Texas-Austin and has a Bachelor’s in journalism and history from the University of Missouri-Columbia
“As an editor, I always look forward to reading Alex’s work. He has a fundamental understanding of narrative that makes a reader want to keep coming back, and I can’t think of anyone better suited to using story to help people grab the attention of potential clients.” –Seth Fischer, writer, editor, www.seth-fischer.com